4 jobs I have had in my Life:
- Silver service waitress from the age of 15 right through my student days - good fun and I never had to worry about what to wear on a Saturdy night as it was always black and white
- Sales assistant on the perfume counter in Gatwick airport in the old Duty free lounge. I spent a whole summer working there while waiting for my A level results to come out
- Packaging operative - working for Smith Kleine Beechams as it was then. Again another source of gainful employment for a student holiday job. I went to America with the money that I saved and bought myself a bike.
- Teacher - I always wanted to be so I am and always will be.
4 films I can watch again and again:
- The breakfast club - I love those 80's brat pack movies as they were known then
- Dirty Dancing - no-one sits baby in the corner. I even got my hair permed to look like hers.
- Educating Rita - my favourite line is when Julie Walters is talking to Michael Cain about Macbeth and she says "Wasn't his wife a cow!"
- The Jazz Singer - the Neil Diamond film from the 70's - I still cry every time I watch it. I also know all the songs by heart. That is entirely my fathers fault of course but I was brought up on it.
4 places I have lived:
This one is a little harder as I haven't really ventured too far or anywhere exciting
- Portland Bill - well close to, when I was born my father was in the Navy and stationed at the Navy base there.
- Crawley - New town of the 50's and 60's. I grew up and went to school here.
- Exeter - definately my favourite of all the places I have lived and where I would like to go back to live. I spent four fantastic years there while I completed my degree. I love to go back and visit whenever I can
- West London - where I live now - I have done from close proximity of one airport to another. I have lived here for the last 15 years. I only intended to stay two years before moving back down to Devon, funny how things work out really
This is easy except there may be more than four
- Dr Who and Torchwood - can they count as one as there are similar characters and one is a spin off.
- The apprentice - love it, love it, love it.
- Desperate Housewives - the writers are really talented and how they get all those twists going is really amazing
- Big Brother - well usually I do but I haven't had 5 seconds this year to watch
- Graham Norton - anything he is presenting at anytime I just find him so funny.
I don't actually watch a lot of telly and it tends to be after 9pm in the evening when I finally get to sit down. I am looking forward to the new series of Rome though.
4 places I have been on holiday:
- Devon - many holidays spent here camping or at a very lovely little hotel which has since closed and been converted to flats
- America - Seattle to be precise which did include a visit to the famous Church Mouse knitting supplies shop on Bainbridge Island, just a ferry ride away
- Turkey - where I have been for the last two holidays - my first ever experience of all inclusive. It was just great and I spent my evenings knitting in the bar.
- Centre parcs - both Uk and France - both were excellent but not at all cheap. I love the Aqua Sana.
4 things I do everytime I am on the net:
- Check my mail
- go onto ebay - almost every time
- look at yarn stores - see the list of places to stash
- look at my blog - as you can see I haven't actually got into routine of updating it yet but the summer holidays will soon be upon us
4 places I would love to be right now:
- At a spa having a luxurious treatment and a French manicure - I have never had one and each time I even dare to think my nails might have grown long enough they break.
- In Italy eating my favourite icecream - not that I have ever been to Italy it is just an image I have
- India, in a yoga ashram learning to find my inner peace and calm
- Japan sharing one of those hot natural pools with those monkeys - know the ones I mean?
I hope someone finds this interesting. It is interesting how some things were easier to list than others.