Monday 6 October 2008

In a Prickle.......................................

So here is one of my more recent finished items which if you are going to Ally Pally this week you will be able to go and view on the Purlescence stand.



DSC03544



DSC03542



This is actually an adult scarf but I modelled it on a 7 year old and she loves it.



Robynn asked me to knit this up over the summer to show how the Prickly pattern by designer Huan Hue Chye works out in some of the lovely Jenspun mohair yarn that she stocks.



DSC02958



This has to be one of the softest mohair yarns that I have knit with. Prickle is a mobieus scarf that is knit in the round using the Cat Bohordi mobieus Cast on. Easy once you know how and finally learn how to count the stitches. I finally worked out when knitting this particular scarf why I had so many problems before with the length they turned out. Anyway I have solved the problem and I will now be able to more on to many more mobieus scarves knowing that I finally have the correct amount of stitches.



This little scarf is very cleverly designed as, not only do you knit a lacey mobeius strip you then knit a lacey border which you use to bind off the stitches on the mobeius. Now this all may sound a little complicated but actually it is very simple and reasonably quick to complete. I think a couple more of these may feature in my christmas gift knitting.



DSC03509



DSC03510



DSC03538

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous scarf. Just seen this now so didn't get a chance to look out for it at the PUrlescence stand although I spent ages there fondling yarn. LOL.