Saturday 29 November 2008

Teacher's Travelling Scarf.............

Yes something else I have joined recently is the European Teacher's Travelling Scarf group on Ravelry. It is a very simple idea. A number of people get together around the country, Europe or even the world. Each starts a section of a scarf that they then pass on to the next person in the line. This goes on until everyone in the group has added a section to the scarf and it returns home to its original owner.
My scarf should arrive back with me sometime towards the end of March having travelled the length and breadth of the country with a quick pop over to the European continent on the way.

DSC03903
This is the first section of my scarf all ready to go!

DSC03913
Here is the package ready to be sent of to PrincessPurling the first recipient to add to my scarf.

As my scarf travels around and the sections are added I am keen to know the yarns and the patterns that have been used so have included a little travelling note book to add notes about yarn and a sample. I have also included a little gift for each person who adds to my scarf.

DSC03915

DSC03916

I made these stitch markers so that each person who knits for the scarf may take one along the way.

DSC03905

I am as usual a little late at getting things onto my blog so I have already added sections to these two scarves that have already passed through my location.

DSC03934

This knitter requested neutral tones and block patterns.

DSC03964

This knitter wants an only pink scarf.

1 comment:

Ling said...

What a lovely idea. I wish I was on the travels like your scarf.