Tuesday 1 January 2008

Yogi feet.......................

I was kindly given a sample skein of yarn to knit up and see how it washes. As it was a 50grm skein it needed to be something small but also washable if you know what I mean. I had already queued these little yoga sockettes on Ravelry a few months ago and decided that they would be a fitting project. They are currently drying out on the side of the bath but here are a few pictures of the finished article. I love the way they actually match my flip flops. I will post details of the yarn once I have checked with the person who gave it to me.

So here they are......
DSC01104

DSC01103

DSC01102

The yarn is incredibly soft and appears to have washed up well. It has been dyed with natural dyes.

I have also cast on my first pair of gloves which are coming on very well - they are another creation from the Sandi Rosner - Not Just More Socks book. They start on straights where you knit a very elegant cuff and then transfer onto DPNs to knit the palm and the fingers. I have currently completed, two cuffs, a thumb increase and half way up the palm of the first glove. I have used my Dream in Colour skein of Smooshy for this. I am now on the look out for small but elegant pearl buttons to adorn them with.
I have taken some pictures which I will try and load up tomorrow, yoga and knitting permitting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These feet have been duly edited to protect the unpedicured!

Anonymous said...

*LOL* If I didn't have your birthday present already...

...you so know what you would have been gifted!

Great photos, lovely yogi-socks and what beautiful feet you must have...!

Anonymous said...

I thought a virtual pedicure was needed! LOL

Anonymous said...

i love these sock!! where can i find this pattern?