Tuesday 23 September 2008

For a little princess....................................

Everyone around me had either just had babies or is about to have babies in the next 6 months. This is providing ample knitting opportunities and I am already planning projects. But here is one little jumper that I knitted over the summer for my friends little girl which I have to say I just love. I will be knitting another one of these in a larger size for my own niece.

DSC03239

DSC03241

I love this yarn too. It is Rooster Almerino DK which I bought earlier in the year and it just knits up wonderfully. There is going to be a lot more of this yarn available very soon too at Laughing Hens. Why not come and pop by the stand on the Sunday at Ally Pally as guess what, I am helping out there.

There is something so satisfying about knitting for little ones, I think for me after the other projects I was knitting over the summer the ability to finish it in such a short time really was the motivation. I really like this design too and would love to see and adult sweater with this construction. As always my new knitpicks came into their own when it came to picking up all the stitches around the neck.

1 comment:

missliz said...

I am new to knitting garments in any size. Can you tell me if you would recommned this pattern for a newby? Thanks for the info. Liz