Thursday 11 September 2008

IKnit day and knitting with the YarnHarlot

It's been and gone after all that anticipation and I must be the last person in the knitting world to get around to blogging about it. It is already 14 days after the event and everyone else is moving on to posts about Ally Pally and the Knitting and Stitching Show in Birmingham last weekend.

Well here is a summary of my day in photographs with maybe the odd comment to clarify. I didn't take anywhere near as many photos as I would have liked and many were useless due to my inability to take decent photos but I had a great day. You may have seen me or even have me sell you a ticket for the Mirasol School raffle.

So here they are...........

DSC03429

DSC03299

DSC03298

DSC03297

........so once in through the queue

DSC03331

DSC03300

DSC03332

DSC03305

DSC03304

.....now that's what I call cashmere!

DSC03307

....these were the amazing Sushi sock rolls from John at Easyknits. I made the mistake of not getting one on my first dash around and ended up missing out this time around! Gutted!

DSC03308

I had volunteered to be an usher for the Yarnharlot talk so managed to get this pic before the masses arrived. It also had the advantage of staying dry while it rained on the queue outside.

DSC03310

Yes there was even time for a few silly moments of G taking a photo of me taking a photo of her taking a picture of me taking a picture of the empty hall, haaa, got that all out.

DSC03314

....and then the talk began.

DSC03325

DSC03323

DSC03326

DSC03328

.....so once back in the main hall here was the queue to get your books signed. It finally died down at 6.45pm when I eventually got to join it.

DSC03333

There was plenty to keep you entertained while you were waiting though such as the Erica Knight fashion show of Men's knits and of course the knitted aliens. I love these little critters.

DSC03358

DSC03361

DSC03362

...one of those looks like Zippy from Rainbow on acid.

DSC03384

So finally it was our turn to get to meet Stephanie who by this time had been signing books for hours and hours and hours. So we were very grateful that she was still willing to sign ours. So here we have Emilie, Ems and Gabrielle, I managed to stay behind the camera.

DSC03383

Gabrielle having her picture taken with her first sock - we are not allowed to talk about what happened to the other one!

DSC03374

Ok so meeting a fellow Canadian at that time of the day was just too much.......

DSC03371

This was the nearest we got to Moustachio's all day! This must be rectified next year.

So that was it really. All that remains is to say such a huge big thank you to Gerard and Craig for putting on such a wonderful event and organising such an inspirational and down right humurous speaker. It was a wonderful day and I didn't spend too much while I was there much to a number of my friends surprise ( all purchases will be confessed later) I had a fabulous time. Can't wait for next year.

No comments: