Saturday 7 March 2009

My very first fibre club.................................

All good things come in silvery packages and don't let anyone tell you anything else.
Having been a member of the sock club last year and already renewed for the following year before the announcement of the fibre club came I really did try to resist. After all I am only a new spinner, but with talk on Rav and what I was going to learn from being a member of the academy how could I not sign up.
Anyway the first package arrived in February and I wasn't in the least disappointed.

DSC04696

DSC04698

I can't believe how much additional information is provided on the fleece and then what to do with it. Fantastic. I just want to know how much of this stuff I need to learn and is there an end of year exam and certificate if we pass all our units?

DSC04704 DSC04705

DSC04702

The additional information provided on the breed of sheep and the fibre by Alice and the 'How to spin it' commentry from Diane make this fibre club very unique.
All I need now is a bit of time to sit down with my wheel and give it a go.

2 comments:

Alice Yu said...

end of year exam... hmmm excellent idea.... ;)

Anonymous said...

WoW! this looks like a perfect delight