Well went in on Monday to find a classroom that was almost liveable. It was missing a few obvious things like door handles! My interactive whiteboard was a distant memory and there were no tables or chairs for the children to sit on, in fact there was no other furniture in the rooms at that stage apart from the very limited fixed units.
After staff meetings and lunch it was time to move everything it, so everyone was on hand to pass everything from storage to the five newly refurbished classrooms. I never realised how much teaching stuff I had. I think I could resource an entire school. I had three boxes of stuff just belonging to the Knitting club that I run at a lunchtime. Needless to say I didn't get home until late that evening. I eventually got in after 9.30pm and the same the next night too just so that the children could get in on the Wednesday morning.
Oh well term has started OK and there is still much unpacking to do and knitting has been seriously off the agenda this week. I am so glad I ventured out to Crimson Cafe last week to meet up with Robynn.
I now have the promblem of:
- classroom to unpack, put up labels and look nice
- sort out the problems with the new IT system in school
- planning for the term - to share with colleagues
- finishing knitting the cushion for Emilie's birthday
- plan the birthday party, food etc
...... and I really don't know where to start first as all are fairly urgent. The birthday cushion is required for Saturday and planning has to be in by then too. Birthday cake, required for the 16th. I think the only way to solve all this is to double the number of hours in the day and not sleep for any of them.
I guess they will all just happen and I just don't have to let myself get stressed about it! Often easier said than done. All will be OK in the end I am sure.
On a positive note I finished the tabi socks last week and my mobieus scarf of the Cat Bohrdi type. I will have to post pictures later. I also took more photographs of other finished projects to stick onto my flickr account. The wasp wig hat is also complete, having knitted it up in the novelty yarn and shown it to Robynn we were both in agreement that the curls would probably be lost in all the strands so it is most likely that it will be published without. I just need to get the pattern to her now, at least she is on holiday at the moment so I am off the hook on that for a couple of weeks.
Very excited as next Friday evening I am off to the shop launch of Socktopus - will blog about my visit next week and add links to the internet shop.
Right better go and get started on some of that curriculum planning.