Wednesday 18 June 2008

I blocked..................

I blocked, I blocked, yes I really blocked.

DSC02488

Yes I finally had a go at proper blocking. I finished this SeaVines Vest when I was on holiday in Turkey just after Easter but have put off blocking it because I will be totally honest I didn't know what I was doing. I am so in love with it. It has come out so well and I am converted. All I need now is the proper blocking mats, wires, and pins. You may notice that I have used my ironing board and my ever trusty iron is lurking in the background in case it was a total disaster and I had to revert back to my previous method. One iron and a damp towel!

DSC02489

DSC02491

Note: This was a kit from my sister for my birthday bought at Purlescence and is Fleeceartist Sea wool. The colour is Beet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really pretty!

I use my yoga mat for blocking. It's quite a thick one, so I can stick pins in it, and it has a little grid pattern sort of stamped on it, so I can even get straight lines.

woollythinker said...

So you blocked, but don't have a blocking mat, while I have a (newly acquired) blocking kit and don't block... interesting. :-) You'll have to check out my kit next Open House. And I'll have to tackle my blocking antipathy.