Wednesday 5 December 2007

What to do with a Mango Moon..........................

When I first started my blog I posted fairly early on asking what I could do with two lovely skeins of yarn, one Mango moon recyled sari silk and another of Noro blossom. Although both aquired from totally different places the colours seemed to be perfect to compliment each other but I just didn't know what to do with them having just one skein of each.
Having made the mobieus scarfs recently with the Handmaiden seasilk I was inspired to try in a thicker yarn.

P5200100

So 5.5mm circular in hand I cast on.
I alternated each round with the each yarn in turn and knitted a 3x3 rib. I am so pleased with the effect and the combination of the colours. I was going to knit this as a gift but I don't know if I will be able to part with it. I still have half the Sari silk left so if I can get hold of another skein of blossom in similar colours I may have a go at knitting another one.

DSC01042
DSC01040

DSC01039

The sari silk adds a little sparkle into the Noro blossom.

2 comments:

Robynn said...

Beautiful! I wasn't really sure about those yarns together, but you're absolutely right, they look wonderful combined.

Mel said...

I was really pleased with the way it worked out.